Saturday, October 30, 2010

to conceive a child

Alhamdulillah, I have had it easy with conceiving a child...MashaAllah! But my challenges, however, are to raise all seven of them ... in the best way I knew. At the time when Islamic Awareness was not really prevalent, trying to educate them Islamic-ally was difficult. I prayed hard for guidance from Allah swt and Alhamdulillah and MashaAllah, I think they have grown up well adjusted and strives in the way of Allah 'azza wa jalla. Four of my seven children alhamdulillah, have managed to memorize all 30 juzuk of the Al-Quran and now are still studying in different fields. I truly believe that reading du'a from the earliest ... even before conceiving the child is of utmost importance.
During the pregnancy.... reading the holy Al-Quran contributes greatly to the growth of the baby ...spiritually, emotionally as well as physically.
When my daughter-in-law had difficulty conceiving a child, I advised her to read this du'a in her last sujud. She did that during the month of Ramadhan, the holy month ... in her 5 obligatory prayers and in the Terawikh prayers. And there were definitely many sujuds ... during this month. And Mashallah, the next month, she concieved and gave birth... 9 months later to a beautiful baby girl, Batrisyah.
If you are trying for a baby .... I pray that you will be successful and give birth to a true mu'min or mu'minah ... برك الله فيك


رَبِّ هَبْ لِي مِنْ لَدُنْكَ ذُرِّيَّةً طَيِّبَةً ۖ إِنَّكَ سَمِيعُ الدُّعَاء

O my Lord, grant me a good offspring. You are, indeed, the All-Hearer of invocations
Qur’ān 3:38


رَبِّ لَا تَذَرْنِي فَرْدًا وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الْوَارِثِينَ

"O my Lord! leave me not without offspring, though Thou art the best of inheritors.
21:89
رَبِّ هَبْ لِي مِنَ الصَّالِحِينَ

"O my Lord! Grant me a righteous (son)!"
37:100
this du'a to read by the husband ...
وَإِنِّي خِفْتُ الْمَوَالِيَ مِنْ وَرَائِي وَكَانَتِ امْرَأَتِي عَاقِرًا فَهَبْ لِي مِنْ لَدُنْكَ وَلِيًّا

"Now I fear (what) my relatives (and colleagues) (will do) after me: but my wife is barren: so give me an heir as from Thyself.
19:05

Allāh Tā`ala has related to us in the Qurān in the advice of Nūh (alaihissalam) to his people:
Seek forgiveness from your lord he will increase you in offspring and wealth.
(Surah Nūh. 71: 10/12)
This indicates to the fact that if one seeks forgiveness from Allāh Tā`ala, Allāh Tā’ala will increase him in children and wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment