Thursday, October 21, 2010

sayyidul istighfar

~This is my first du'a I memorized when I was in my teens.. in cambridge ... feeling totally lost and seeking directions in my life.

The master remembrance for seeking forgiveness (sayidul-Istighfaar) is something we should never leave, as the Prophet ﷺ taught in a well known authentic hadith that whoever said this remembrance with certainty in the morning and died before night would go to heaven, and whoever would recite it at night and died before dawn would also go to Heaven.
Insha Allah. (Bukhari)
Commentary: The reason for the extraordinary merit for this Istighfar lies most probably in the abundance of humility and servitude found in this du’a.





اللهم أنت ربي لا إله إلا أنت ، خلقتني وأنا عبدك ، وأنا على عهدك ووعدك ما استطعت ، أعوذ بك من شر ما صنعت ، أبوء لك بنعمتك علي وأبوء لك بذنبي فاغفر لي ، فإنه لا يغفر الذنوب إلا أنت

“Dear God, you are my Lord. There is no God but You. You created me and I am your servant. I am trying to fulfill my covenant with you and prepare for Your promise of the Hereafter to the best of my ability. I seek refuge from the evil that I have done. I admit to You that I recognize your blessings upon me. I admit my sins to you and I seek your forgiveness because no one forgives sins except you.” (Bukhari)

1 comment: