Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Du'a At Times of Stress and Sadness (heartache)

I read this on the chatbox @ One Legacy Radio. I have always known this du'a and even memorized it but I did not the know the hadith and where or how it came about. MashAllah! Alhamdulillah...! Finally, I know exactly when to use this.
“It is reported in the Sunan of Abu Dawud and Ibn Maajah from Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (radhiya Allahu ‘anhaa) that she said, ‘Rasulullah (SAWS) (‘Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa ‘alaa aalihi wa sallam) said to me,
‏أَلَا أُعَلِّمُكِ كَلِمَاتٍ تَقُولِينَهُنَّ عِنْدَ ‏ ‏الْكَرْبِ ‏ ‏أَوْ فِي ‏ ‏الْكَرْبِ 
 ”Shall I teach you some words that you should say at the time of كرب Karb or in Karb (heartache, distress, gloom)? Say:
‏أَللَّهُ ‏ ‏أَللَّهُ رَبِّي لَا أُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئًا 
“Allahu Allahu Rabbi Laa Ushriku Bihi Shai’a”
Allah (SWT) Allah (SWT), My Lord! I do not associate anything as a partner/co-equal with Him! 
The editor, Shaykh Subay’ Hamza Haakimi, states in the footnote: “Abu Dawud 1525, Ibn Maajah 3882, An Nasaa’i in his Al-Yawm wal-Laylah 647, and its chain is Hasan.” Imam Al-Mundhiri states, “An-Nasaa’i reports it in Mursal form and in Musnad form.”

No comments:

Post a Comment